April 23rd, Wednesday 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.- Santa Rosa Drought Drive Up
Pick up your FREE drought tool kit at one of three convenient locations. Toolkit includes: shower bucket, faucet aerator, shower timers, and more. Locations:
- Coddingtown Mall, Whole Foods parking lot
- Finley Community Center 2060 W. College Ave.
- Roseland Village Shopping Center 665 Sebastopol Ave.
More info at Drought Drive-Up
CONSTRUCTION ADVISORY – SMART TRAIN
Special Rail Trains: April 27 and May 4
The special rail train will complete a single round trip through all crossings between Petaluma and Santa Rosa between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm on Sundays: April 27 and May 4.
As part of the ongoing construction project in preparation for passenger rail service, SMART contractor Stacy and Witbeck/Herzog will be relocating steel rail to be used in reconstructing the tracks from Guerneville Rd. to Airport Boulevard in Santa Rosa using a special rail train. The special rail train will transport 1600-foot lengths of rail along the SMART right-of-way from Caulfield Road in Petaluma to Airport Boulevard in Santa Rosa.
Due to the length of the cargo and the low speed the train must travel, it may take this train up to 8 minutes to travel through each crossing. Drivers, pedestrians and bicyclists should expect delays at these crossings:
- Sebastopol Road and 3rd Street (Santa Rosa)
- 3rd Street, 6th Street, 7th Street and 8th Street (Santa Rosa)
- 9th Street and College Avenue (Santa Rosa)
- Guerneville Road and West Steele Lane (Santa Rosa)
- Fulton Road and River Road (Santa Rosa)
Dates and times are current estimates, and are subject to change
For specific information and ongoing updates on when work is scheduled in a particular area, members of the public are encouraged to check the SMART construction web page frequently at: www.sonomamarintrain.org/construction-updates.