August 10 & 11, 10am-2pm – RAILROAD SQUARE SUMMER SIDEWALK SALE
The shops spill onto the sidewalks with vintage clothing, antiques, furnishings for your home, garden, and more.
– RAILROAD SQUARE ARTISTS’ ROUND TABLE
Artist Roundtable Art in the Park both days, plus foot stomping music from Trad Jazz Dixieland Strummers. www.railroadsquare.net
August 11th, 4-5 p.m. FREE Sunflower Celebration Sunday, Juilliard Park
LIVE MUSIC BY THE HUBBUB CLUB!
Group photo and Sunflower Celebration Dance video filming at 4:15 p.m.
- • Largest sunflower
- • Smallest sunflower
- • Most sunflowers in front of one house
- • Most sunflowers in a neighborhood
- • Cutest sunflower dressed in a costume
- • Best picture of a sunflower
Prizes awarded 4:45 p.m.
Sunday, August 11, 5-7pm – LIVE AT JUILLIARD: BEATLES FLASHBACK – Juilliard Park, 227 Santa Rosa Avenue
Enjoy the final night of the Live at Juilliard Concert Series with the North Bay’s premier Beatles band, Beatles Flashback. Playing favorite Fab Four tunes like Day Tripper, Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds, I Want to Hold Your Hand, Can’t Buy Me Love, Hey Jude and Ticket to Ride. Sing along, twist and shout on the dance floor, or just sit back and enjoy the show! Pack a picnic or purchase food from one of our tasty vendors. Enjoy your summer Sunday evenings from July 7 – August 11 with music, food and fun at Live at Juilliard. All concerts are free. For more info and a complete lineup visit www.srcity.org/liveatjuilliard
1. Reunification of Courthouse Square – Tiered Draft Environmental Impact Report. The Reunification of Courthouse Square Draft Tiered Environmental Impact Report (EIR) is now available for public review. The project consists of removing one block of Mendocino Avenue between Third and Fourth Streets in downtown Santa Rosa to allow for the reunification of two existing park areas into a central Square. The project would create a central gathering place for Santa Rosa residents and visitors, and would be used for a wide variety of community events such as farmers’ markets, concerts and outdoor a! rt exhibits. The 45-day public review period begins on August 2, 2013 and concludes on September 16, 2013. Notices have been sent to property owners and posted at various city-owned facilities and on the City’s web site. The Council will hold a public hearing regarding the Draft Tiered EIR on September 10, 2013. Because the purpose of the public hearing is to receive comments regarding the Draft Tiered EIR, the Council will hold and close the public hearing and may provide comments about the document, but will take no final action until a subsequent meeting when the Final EIR is considered for certification. Verbal and written comments will be accepted at this public hearing and will receive written responses in the Final EIR. The Draft Tiered EIR can be accessed here: http://www.srcity.org/communitydev
2. Redwood Gospel Mission (6th & Wilson) – Redwood Gospel Mission is in escrow on a piece of property that may one day house their facilities. The site is on Roberts Avenue (off Sebastopol Road) and there was a recent public meeting held on August 7th. Escrow won’t close until next spring. There are multiple buildings planned, with the first one anticipated to be finished a year from escrow closing. The RGM hopes to eventually consolidate 4 separate facilities/programs they run into this location. As of yet, no application has been filed. For more info, contact Bill Rose, Dept of Comm Dev, City of S.R. Planner email@example.com 543-3253